Sunday, February 9, 2014

Berlin: George Clooney Tells U.K. to Return Art Treasures to Greece

At the press conference for his film "The Monuments Men," Clooney said Greece had "a very good case" in demanding Britain return treasures such as the Elgin Marbles.

George Clooney has called on the U.K. to act as real “Monuments Men” and return historic Greek art  held in British museums.

Responding to a question from a Greek journalist at the press conference in Berlin Saturday for his new film The Monuments Men, Clooney said Greece had “a very good case” in demanding Britain return historic Greek artifacts.
Many Greek treasures – primarily among them the Elgin Marbles - were brought from Athens to Britain under suspicious circumstances. The issue of who owns the art is a controversial one and the source of continued tension between the two countries.
“It wouldn’t be a bad thing if they were returned,” Clooney said about the Greek art. “ I think that is a good idea. I think that would be a very fair and very nice thing. Yeah, I think it is the right thing to do.”

The Monuments Men, which Clooney directed and stars in alongside Matt Damon, John Goodman, Bill Murray and Jean Dujardin – all of which are in Berlin promoting the film – deals with a squad of art experts who endeavored to recover and return art stolen by the Nazis to their rightful owners.

1 comment:

  1. My husband, Bill, and I lately paid a go to to Edelweiss Lodge and Resort in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany.
    Bill was at the Edelweiss, attending a conference.
    I received to tag alongside simply because the room was
    paid out for and Bill was preparing to generate. That's 1 of the nice benefits of residing in Germany.
    In any situation, I had listened to that the Edelweiss was a extremely nice facility and that Garmisch-Partenkirchen, was a stunning place to visit.
    I was pretty thrilled about our journey to the
    intense southern part of Germany for a few days of networking for Bill and R&R for
    me.

    All the buddies I've made, all the clients I've attracted, all the money I've made would not have been feasible experienced I not produced it a precedence to remember
    and use and relish the sound of my friends' names.

    I write it large and bold on the nametags I make for them when they signal in at my events.
    I wave it in a prosper to assist the ink dry and
    call it "the courtesy wave," which always will get a laugh.
    Their title is a extremely large offer. When I see somebody I haven't noticed in months and say their title with a smile, it unfailingly impresses them
    and everybody around me. It leads to them to be extremely friendly
    and receptive when I follow up with a phone
    call.

    After-Xmas revenue are a great way to save cash for Next holiday season! Stock up on the items you know your cherished types
    adore. With the exception of meals products, this is
    a fantastic way to get vacation shopping done early and save a great deal of cash in the process.



    I've usually held the perception that everyone can teach
    you some thing. That everybody has a story to inform.
    And that everyone can impact you in some way.
    So, by much the best benefit to sporting a nametag all the time was the opportunity to meet new individuals.
    Individuals I wouldn't have satisfied otherwise.
    People that, often occasions, grew to become buddies of mine!
    It nearly became addicting!

    (two) Complete your profile - this is a no-brainer and I have no idea
    why people don't do this as it requires extremely small time.

    And, whilst you're at it, include a photograph.


    .make certain your child has alter to use the telephone.
    If you have a mobile telephone or pager, make particular your kids know these
    figures and how to activate them on the phone.
    Parents may want to make investments in two way radios so family members can keep in get
    in touch with with every other.

    Would you like to obtain other family friendly articles from Rebecca?
    You can subscribe for Free above and feel totally free
    to depart any comments beneath! Rebecca also writes below
    the subject of Insider Deals. Her articles consist
    of fantastic every day deals found in the Rochester region and you can find
    those articles on her Facebook Fan Page!

    Feel free to visit my weblog ... name badge templates word

    ReplyDelete